We spent 3 weeks in May camping from Tennessee to Ohio, splitting wood, prepping food, hammering tent stakes, and throwing the Model 3. It's turned out to be a great all around tomahawk, we are more than happy with the results so this first group is ready to go!
What makes this one special is the multi-position handle, it is well suited in the woods or in a combative environment. We are making the handles on a 1904 Defiance lathe that was purpose built for the Rock Island Arsenal to produce Springfield 1903 Rifles. Nothing is as cool as making handles on a 119 year old Defiance gun stock lathe!
Here is a LINK to a YouTube video if you would like to take a deep dive into Ryan's lathe!
Great for: Camp | Utility | Backpacking | Preparedness Kit | Truck 'Hawk
- Drop-forged 1060 carbon steel head with a black powdercoat finish
- Multi-Position Tennessee Hickory Handle
- Leather Edge Cover
- Overall Length: 17.75in
- Head Length: 5.75 in
- Cutting Edge Length: 4.125 in
- Weight: 21.5 ounces (without sheath)
- Blade Material: Drop forged 1060
- Finish: Black Powdercoat
- Handle Material: Tennessee Hickory
- Sheath: Leather Edge Cover
In the box: Model 3 Tomahawk, Leather Edge Cover, user documentation